Choose Your Method will give you great factual information about different birth control methods available in your community. We strongly encourage you to also talk to a healthcare provider to learn more about what method works best for you and your partner.
Your Clinic Visit Checklist
Check out these tips as you plan your visit to see a healthcare provider.
- Know your rights.
- Learn your family history, including allergies and medications.
- Ask for time to spend alone with the provider.
- Ask what your privacy rights are when you turn 18.
- Have your insurance information and bring it with you.
- If you don’t know your insurance information, ask the provider about your options.
- Bring the link for Choose Your Method so you can ask specific questions about methods you are interested in learning more about.
Talking Points to Consider Discussing With Your Provider
As you’re consulting with your healthcare provider about the methods you’re interested in, don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need in order to understand your options.
- Tell me about why I can trust you.
- Will what I say be kept private?
- Do I have other choices?
- How does this birth control method work?
- What does that mean?
- Are there side effects I need to be aware of?
- What should I do once I leave here?
- How are you working to keep people like me safe?